Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brainpopjr!

As I am sure many of you know, http://www.brainpop.com/ is a website that explains many different concepts (science, as well as all other subjects). The great thing about this website is that the two cartoon characters (Tim and Moby) that explain all the concepts are funny, yet very accurate at the same time. The students really seem to enjoy every video that I play for my class, while learning at the same time!

What many of you may not know, is that there is also a http://www.brainpopjr.com/! As an ESL teacher, I realize that some of the words and concepts on brainpop.com can be a little challenging for my students. Having a video which highlights major concepts by showing the words, pictures and actually speaking about a certain concept is an excellent resource for my ESL students, but at times can be too advanced. Brainpopjr is a site that I can use to explain many of the same concepts (there are not as many videos on this website as on brainpop.com) but in a less advanced, lower level, which is exactly what I need for my ESL students!

No comments:

Post a Comment